2.25.2013

My Eyebrow Tutorial!

Hi everyone!
Due to the popular request in my instagram, today I'm going to explain step by step how do I fill in my eyebrows almost everyday. Some days I like it arched, some days I like it straight (yay for Korean eyebrows!). Eyebrows really change up your entire look, so I like to play around with it. Find an eyebrow style that suits your face shape best!



Most days I like to draw my eyebrows quite thick. I used to have thin eyebrows but I'm into thick eyebrows now :) You look more innocent! :)

What you need:
1. MAC 212 Brush (I find this brush the easiest to use because of it's sharp edges)
2. MAC Eyeshadow in 'Cork' (light brown - to fill in)
3. MAC Eyeshadow in 'Embark' (darker brown - shaping the arch)
4. MAC Eyeshadow in 'Ricepaper' (subtle highlight colour)
5. Amazing cosmetics concealer (or any heavy creamy concealer)
*you can change the colours to your own liking depend on your haircolour!

Now let's start the tutorial!

Step 1 : Clean up your eyebrows
You have to clean up your eyebrows first (if you have bushy eyebrows). I usually pluck my own eyebrows, and if it gets too out of control I usually get them waxed. Don't overpluck! :) I only do it once or twice a week. This is what my eyebrows look like currently. EW! I have thin eyebrow and I can't grow it that's why I have to fill it in everyday.


Step 2 : Determine your arch
Grab your brush and dip it into MAC Embark (the darker colour out of the two eyebrow colours you're going to use) And outline the underneath of your eyebrows only! This is the point where you determine how high your arch going to be.




Step 3 : Fill in the inner side of your brows
Grab your brush and dip it into MAC Cork (the lighter colour out of the two eyebrow colours you're going to use) And line where you want it to stop. You can make it a harsh crisp line or a soft line.


Step 4 : Fill it in!!
Continue using MAC Cork, and connect everything together!! Don't worry it doesn't have to be perfect!


Step 5 : Clean it up + highlight
This is my favourite part! Cleaning up time! Grab your creamy concealer and you can correct the shape to however you want! I want it crisp and strong on the tail :) And then use the highlighter colour (MAC  Ricepaper) to highight the brow bone to give it a lift!!


And you are done!!



Hope you like your new eyebrows!
This is basically what I do almost everyday :) And It's my favourite eyebrow routine so far.

See you later!

Jean
x




designed with love by beautiful dawn designs