2.22.2013

Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation Review!

Hi girls (and boys)!
Today I will review my (current) favourite foundation that I use ALMOST EVERYDAY for the past 2 months! I'm going to rave about this foundation, so be warned :) Let's go!


I bought this foundation initially because Rae from Raeview raved about it and it's one of her favourite foundation. I have oily skin like her so I'd like to give it a try. And boy IM GLAD I TRIED!

Feel
It feels very light and the scent is not overwhelming at all. It's a faint floral smell which doesn't bother me at all. Another favourite of mine is Dior Forever Foundation, and that smells 100x stronger than this one for sure! The texture is semi liquidy and easy to blend. 4/5


Coverage
It is medium to full coverage, and what I like about it is that you can layer this foundation! Great!
Since I've done a Fraxel light before, which lightens my acne scars - I don't need a high coverage foundation. A half pump + stippling brush is all I need. I love this foundation - easy to spread and blend, and the colour is perfect for me as well (030) It feels like a second skin. Not cakey. Always get compliments about my skin. 5/5


Staying Power
Okay as you all might now I have a super oily skin. I prime my face with Hourglass Veil Primer because without it - oh boy >< I hate my oily skin! And this one keeps my skin matte for 4 hours and then I need to blot once - which is pretty good. My Dior Forever does better in staying power (hence the name) but it's a bit too high coverage for everyday use. 5/5

Non Comedogenic
ANOTHER REASON with I love this foundation. I have an acne prone skin and this foundation keeps me breakout free. It doesn't clog my pores :)

Packaging + Price
It's about $68 so it's more to the pricey side - but I've had more expensive foundations before (Armani, Hourglass, etc) but this one takes the cake hands down! So honestly I dont mind about the price and a little goes a long way anyway! :)  

The packaging is a frosted glass bottle and it's very sturdy. I dropped it a couple of times (on a carpet though) but it's fine. I don't recommend dropping it on timber floor though lol.

The Verdict?
THIS FOUNDATION IS AMAZEBALLS. If you're oily and acne-prone THERE IS NO REASON not to get this foundation! (or at least try)


Go to your nearest Lancome counter and ask for sample! You might love it as much as I do :)

See you later! :)
Love,
Jean


designed with love by beautiful dawn designs