1.28.2012

Winter in Korea! [ Haul & Pictures ] +SKIN79 BB Cream & Chanel Perfection Lumiere Review

Hello everyone!
Hope you had a really nice holiday!

Can't believe it's 2012 now, have you guys made your New Year's Resolutions? Or maybe have completed any? I know I haven't made mine :/ Guess I should be working on that.

As you guys might know, I went to Korea for the holidays - with my family.
It was super fun - as it was my first visit there, one thing that stands out for me the most : a lot of pretty girls! Hahaha. One day I shall go there to do some rhinoplasty XP Not only that but most of them have gorgeous porcelain skin - envy! I wonder if it's the skincare? Makeup? or is it just the weather?

Here are some of the pictures of my trip in Korea. :)









So we went to Jeju Island, skiing at High1 Resort, Mt.Sorak, and Seoul. Didn't have much time to shop around so didn't buy any clothes.. It's summer in Sydney and they only sell heavy duty winter clothes sadly :( I know I know I can wear them in winter later but I had no desire whatsoever to shop for winter clothes at that moment.

But! I bought heaps of masks & miscellaneous stuff from Skinfood, Innisfree, Etude, etc I don't even remember! I don't really know if they're any good but they were super cheap so I just kept on buying them :)







Oh of course I bought some BB Creams! The one that particularly stands out for me is the SKIN79 BB Cream - Triple Function. 

SKIN79 Super BB Cream 



Review: So I have been using this one a lot - and I must say I really like it. The colour is overwhelmingly fair ( as most BB Creams are) but after 1 minute it will settle to your skin colour magically. The coverage is medium to full - so it's perfect for those who think tinted moisturiser is too sheer but also at the same time don't want to wear foundation. The smell is not too overwhelming but it might be different for other people as I have a high tolerance for fragranced makeup/skincare. It doesn't settle into fine lines and you need to put powder after as it doesn't really help with oil control. I give this 3.5/5! 


You just need a tiny little bit for your whole face:



After I spread it on my hands :



That's all for my holiday in Korea. Sorry I just kept it short xP
I have tons and tons of pictures but it would be too much hahaha :)

Chanel Perfection Lumiere 
Anyways unfortunately I left my foundation in Indonesia (where I was before I went to Korea) - and I needed to buy a new one before I went clubbing the other day. I decided to buy the Chanel Perfection Lumiere (20 BEIGE) - as the SA recommended that one for me because I have combination oily skin but does not want anything too matte.



Review: My first Chanel foundation and I love it! I won't use this for everyday foundation but I am happy to repurchase if I ever run out. It's not too matte but not too dewy - it's perfect! The oil control is really great since I wore it all night (with Chanel powder) without retouching! I use Hourglass primer with it (A GREAT PRIMER - MUST BUY) and used MAC 187 stippling brush. I give this.. 4/5 star! :D


Here are some pictures of me wearing this foundation (after sweats for 3 hours - 4 hours ish) without retouching! (sorry for bad quality pics - taken directly from Facebook! LOL) Sorry I was already hammered so my eyes were bloodshot. XP


Me and bestie Katherine! She wants to make a beauty blog and I'm convincing her to do it! She's gorgeous isn't she hehe~
Phew that was a long post!
Well, See you guys next time!
-Jean x

27 comments♡:

catherine_xxoo said...

omgosh yay! new blogpost :D

korea looks so fairytale-esque! beautiful!

i've been dying to try the Chanel Foundation. would it be suitable for dry skin? :/

www.amourtypos.blogspot.com

x

♥pandablush♥ said...

Hello Catherine! x
Yes Korea was heaps beautiful and magical! But it was SO COLD and Im not used to the climate :(

Maybe you should try the other formula - like the Vitalumiere! It's created for dry skin because it's moisturising :)

xoxo

catherine_xxoo said...

hello there :D

well i guess it doesn't really snow in Australia so it's forgivable :)

i will do! perhaps i'll ask the SA what she thinks too :) do you have any concealer recommendations? :$

x

♥pandablush♥ said...

Hehehe yes it doesn't snow here :(
Mmmm for under eye concealer I've been using YSL Touche Eclat for ages!
I think it's my favourite so far. But for blemishes and other imperfections - Bobbi Brown's!

x

Anh Vo said...

wow all the pictures that you took from Korea are awesome . You should totally post more :)
And thanks for the review on the Chanel foundation , I was hesitate to get one but I think I should now after reading your post lol

mey ♔ めい said...

Korea <3
you look so beautiful in those photos x)

http://japobsganbare.blogspot.com/

しずか♥ (heartofpearl) said...

So sad that your site still doesn't update in my google reader :( but it's ok cos when you say it on twitter I can see you updated!

Anyway, love all the pictures as usual :D Saw some of your amazing photos from your trip on facebook! Korea is a must go to place for me~ I want to perve on all the pretty girls, go crazy with beauty hauls and I really want to get that bb cream as well. Might have to buy online in the meantime haha~

I'm so happy you and Janice are coming to melb! Super excited to party with you girls! XD

♥pandablush♥ said...

Thank you x Hehehehe!
No worries! You can try and swatch it at your nearest Chanel counter! :)

♥pandablush♥ said...

Thank you x

♥pandablush♥ said...

Awww really? That sucks! Frustrated because I have no idea how to fix it :(

Hehehe yeppp the photographer was really good! Lucky!
Yep but Japan still is number one destination for me! I really want to go (Spring!)
The girls are super pretty - my one week there I already feel the pressure of plastic surgery! I imagined if I stay there or even live there longer I would probably get it! Hhahahaha!

Yesss! Ultra excited!!! Partyyyyy hard hahah! You can crash at our room later!!

♥pandablush♥ said...

Thank you x

Katherine Jioe said...

hello hihi still dont have a name for my blog tho :((

Pitaloka Ramadina said...

Aww..finally you post it :)
I've tried Skin79 Super BB Cream too, but it didn't work on me.
Oh yeah, Channel Perfection is so tempting. I read so many good reviews on Femaledaily Forum, and keep it on my wishlist (since it's so pricey for me) but I will buy it someday :)

Verona said...

You look so pretty :)

♥pandablush♥ said...

Awww thats too bad !
Yep I wouldn't think that I would buy one :) You should try it first!

♥pandablush♥ said...

Thanks dear x

Fenny (Ladies-homejournal) said...

i love ur eye shadow... such an amazing colors :0

しずか♥ (heartofpearl) said...

Wow you had a photographer XD that is so awesome!! I also want to go Japan haha miss everything.. :( Baby u dn need PS!!

beautycadabra said...

hi!
i found your blog not long time ago and i'm happy you didn't leave it :)

you are a very cute girl!

hope to see more of your posts!

Margaret said...

The skin79 hot pink bb cream is is my first bb cream, I still have it and I adore it. Don't you just love the packaging as well :) Your photos in Korea look really good, like pro shots. Plus cute ostrich haha

Tamz said...

hi jeanice <3, may i please know what contact lenses are you wearing on this blogpost? they look sooo natural. i'm looking for a natural brown contact lenses... can you please recommend me any? 0,0

Kimb said...

oh my gawd! i agree with you. i always wonder how korean girls look so pretty! was it food or different skincare brands? i would love to go to korea one day (:

wtmontana said...

Love your blog, new subscriber now :) haha. You are so very pretty! I have the Perfection Lumiere and adore it - it is my "evening out" foundation for special occasions and when I feel the need to feel special hehe... I picked up some of the Skin Food acorn jelly masks and some other items via eBay recently, can't wait to use them after seeing this post now!

E H said...

love ur blog!!! what lens are you wearing in your pictures?

Jessica said...

Hi jeanicelie,
I see you bought ODBO product.
Do you ming telling me which shop you bought it from? I heard that it's hard to find it in Seoul, as not even koreans know about them.

Kristy Wong said...

Aw, you look so pretty in the winter photo. I'm so jealous you got to go to korea! They have so many beauty products I want to get. I agree with you that skin79 isn't so good and it makes your face look really white.

Asiangirlsgather said...

Love !

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs