11.29.2011

Hello Healthy Summer! plus Louis Vuitton & Louboutin Haul!

Hi guys!

Long time no see :)

If you guys follow my twitter , you'll know that I have been going to gym and eating healthy for the past 2 months. Why now? I don't know why - recently I got really motivated to be fit and healthy this summer. I have a fitness first very close to my apartment ( in fact it's just on the lower level at my apartment) which is very lucky - and I don't know why I didn't join ages ago. So few months ago I finally joined and been going 3-4 times a week since then. At first - I didn't do any classes, I just did cardio - treadmill and cross trainer for about 45 mins - 1 hour each session. I usually go after work (6.30-7.00 pm) or before work (5.45 am).

What motivates me? I just want to be healthier. I just want to be fitter. After my breakup (yes I broke up with my boyfriend) - maybe THAT motivated me the most, I just feel like I have to become a better person in and out. I feel like doing activities that I haven't done before, I will try to go places I have never been before, basically I'm trying to get outside of my comfort zone. Baby steps first of course, and I feel that it's going to jumpstart my goals. I wanna feel better about myself, and also I want to be more confident (I feel that I am quite a pessimist).

After a few personal training sessions - I feel more confident working out and I know the 'right way' and the better way to achieve my goals now. I think having a personal trainer to guide you is the best way to achieve your goal - you'll know what should you do and eat. I'm planning to keep training with my PT until I am confident of doing the exercises myself, which is probably 2 or 3 more sessions.

So I'll summarise for you guys what I've learnt from my sessions:

Exercise:
1. Lift weights. My goal is to lift weights 3 times a week and do cardio 1-2 times a week. It won't make you look like a man. We lack the testosterone, and it's fastest way to get lean and toned body (helps with metabolism and etc I don't really know the details)
2. Do your stretching 3 times a day. After you wake up in the morning, lunchtime, and also before you sleep. I have a really bad lower body flexibility and I need to improve it by stretching everyday.
3. Go to classes! It's less boring than running on treadmill by yourself for 45 mins. My favourite classes are Body Attack (really high impact cardio!) and Body Balance (Yoga, Pilates, and Taichi combined - good to improve your flexibility and toning up).
4. Run outdoors. It's different from running on a treadmill. I haven't really done this one since I'm a lazy person but it's my next goal. If you have to run on a treadmill, do not run on flat surface - always set the incline between 2-5.
5. Sleep yourself slim. You have to get at least 8-9 hours sleep each day. I am really bad at this one - but If you want to be slim (and have better skin) you have to get a good night's rest.
6. Have fun! At the end of the day - you have feel good about yourself, I know you have to push yourself to achieve your goal and always persevere, but don't overdo it until one day you just don't bother to and just stop. Just have fun with it :)

Diet:
1. Eat protein for breakfast, lunch, and also dinner. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it helps giving you energy to burn throughout the day. Don't think that you can only eat sweet stuff for breakfast - you can eat stuff you usually eat for dinner! Example : Animal proteins (meat, eggs) and greens (green beans, mixed veggies, etc) You can vary it up! Best to prepare it at night so you have time before you go to work in the morning.
2. Eat lots of veggies! Have a serve of vegetable every meal.
3. Don't eat carbs unless you have just trained (max 2 hours gap). Avoid bread, pasta, rice, potato anything! Substitute it with greens!
4. Snack. Before lunch or dinner, sometimes you'll feel hungry and it's okay, you can snack! Eat a serving of raw nuts (my favourites are cashews, almonds, pepitas, or pistachio)
5. It's been said a lot of times, but drink plenty of water (8 glasses a day).
6. No caffeine. Avoid coffee, or tea with caffeine.

Goals: Set your goals and stick with it. Don't just look at the big goal in the end (look like a supermodel or something) but set smaller goals! It's more realistic that way. My goals : lose about 4 kilos, toned, be more flexible,be fitter, and also be able to run longer (increased stamina)

Outcome: After doing it for 2 months, I feel healthier and better about myself - my pants are a bit bigger now lol and my metabolism has greatly improved. Yatta!

I am also still learning, my goals are to do the stuff mentioned above ! :)
Fighting! We can do it :) Nothing is impossible!

Now on to the good stuff, I have been really naughty...Look what I've got recently!

Louis Vuitton Neverfull in MM!


I know, I know... LV Neverfull is so overused, everyone has it blablabla..
I used to think that and never thought I'd buy one for myself, but then It's so practical!
You can just pop everything in there! And you can change to bag shape too so it looks like 2 different bags. Kinda sad it doesn't have any zipper or anything, so careful of spilling your stuff everywhere.

The other splurge is..... tadah!

A pair of Christian Louboutin!


It's soooo pretty! It's 12 cm heels - and I'm afraid that I won't get much wear from it since I'm a noob high-heeler, so I'll need more practice.

How pretty! Can't wait to use it :)


See you girls next time, and take care!
xoxo
-Jean

29 comments♡:

Jeanie said...

Loved this post! Keep it up! I wish I had your motivation and dedication! lol.. didn't realise you had broken up with your bf :( but it's good that you're doing things to move on.. ie. staying healthy and active, retail therapy ;)

Fifi said...

Hi Jean! I always want to post comment on your blog but my browser's always being an ass when it comes to Disqus! But anyways, I'm thrilled to find out that you love working out as well. I recently gave in and subscribed to a gym membership because the of the horrible weather these days.. I usually just go out running on my own and do pilates at home. You are right, though, sometimes taking classes can be much more fun :)

♥pandablush♥ said...

Hi Fifi! No worries, sometimes disqus is acting weird here too. Yes! I'm loving it :) I hope you are too! Wow how do you do pilates at home~ I haven't got around to running outdoor, I hope I can do it this week! Yes it much more fun - you are more motivated too seeing other people work hard! :) hihihi.

Fenny (Ladies-homejournal) said...

Ahhhh I love ur shoe, but I can't use heels :(
Feel so failed being a girl LOL
Can not wait for the photo when u wearing this shoe :)

♥pandablush♥ said...

Thanks x ahhh me too! Im a noob high-heeler haha I need to practice too :)

Fenny (Ladies-homejournal) said...

hahaha at least you know how to use.
I think would be gorgeous in u ^^

Ali said...

Hi! cudos on becoming healthier!
I was just wondering, how much weight have you lost so far in the past two months. And did you follow the exercise and diet routine provided by your PT dilligently, or did you pretty much eat whatever you wanted? Thanks, I'm also trying to lose a bit of weight.
You're a great inspiration :)

mey ♔ めい said...

Haissh I never success in diet , I love eating too much :p
and hey I love Christian Loubotin <3 The heels are amazing !
can't wait to see your post wearing the heels ^^

♥pandablush♥ said...

Me too! I love eating :) Yep! I love them too!
Don't worry will post a pic hehe x

♥pandablush♥ said...

Thanks Ali x
Mmm for weight, I lost around 1-2 kilos, but weight doesn't matter much since I measure with other system.. I don't know what it's called it's measuring fat by pinching it lol... If you gain muscle, muscle weighs more than fat so my PT said your aim is to lose weight/same weight with less fat?? If that makes sense :)

I've been eating really good as well, avoiding carbs!
Thank you x

Rina K. said...

Loving the post! You are an inspiration! By the way, loving you Louboutins - dying to get mine too someday!

しずか♥ (heartofpearl) said...

Hey Jean babe!! Aw each time you update, I get excited to see what you've written about:) It's so great to hear you've taken a new step in life and doing things for the better! I love exercise & sport so I love to see you being more active too!! I wish you came back here so we can be gym buddies haha ah well~

I am loving the shoes, I am yet to own a pair or Louboutin heels! One day.. hehe maybe after I get off my lazy ass and apply for jobs :)!x

Niva Thongkham said...

OMG I thought I had totally commented on this yesterday! Grr.. anyways.. great post!!! Sorry to hear about your boyfriend :( But good to hear that you're keeping healthy and active!! Wish I had your motivation and dedication. LOVE the CLs btw! I hope to own a pair some day! Keep it up gorgeous!!! xx

bangbangsheshoots said...

wow awesome haul!

You sound really motivated and that's great!

The only way I keep my weight control is watching my calorie in-take, trying to eat right and going to tennis lessons haha! I like your idea of doing stretches. I am guilty of not doing enough. I also like to take baths to sweat it all out ^^ I'm so lazy compared to you! Sweets in Japan is my weakness >_<

I think you're really slim, so surprised to hear you want to slim down!!!

♥pandablush♥ said...

Thank you Rina x Hehe I'm loving them as well! Can't wait to wear them out :)

♥pandablush♥ said...

Thank you shizuca baby ♥

Yes! I am loving it! I feel better about myself and also I feel more energised!
Awww it would be super awesome if you're my gym buddy hehe I would go everyday! x

This is my first pair as well and i'm super excited! :)
But isn't it nice to take time off for a while? If you start working there will be no stopping! :)

♥pandablush♥ said...

Thanks Niva <3 Glad you like it! It's okay, I am wayyy over it hehehe.
You can! Anything is possible! As long as you put your heart into it! I am lazy too sometimes don't get me mistaken hehe :)
Hope you get a pair too someday! <3

♥pandablush♥ said...

Hello! Thanks, glad you like it :)
I'm feeling good now so I just want to share some tips for people hehe, sharing is caring!

Yes! I realise that diet plays a huge part in losing weight! :) tennis sounds great, i can't play tennis unfortunately :( I can play badminton though!

I need to do stretches because my lower body flexibility is HORRIBLE, so i need to improve it. I know! I snack more than meal...

Aww.. no but thanks tho hehe I need to shed some kilos as I have gained some over the months :) +toning up!

red_tomato886 said...

HAHAHA you rich rich person...... no way I can afford LV and those heels.. !!!!......

hehe but they do look Gorgeous....... practice wearing them... but then you will be sooo TALL!!!.. cuz ur already taller than me.. hehehe.

Get the UD naked pallet.. it's awesome !!!... think I use it more than my NARS Cordura .. cuz it's just so convenient.. alot ppl said that the NAKED 2 is not as good as the original.. i think so too..........................

ne ways...... i need to start exercise too.. need more stamina ..... just so tired afterwork every day.........

Lornamrainey said...

Your Blog looks so beautiful, i ahve only recently started blogging myself. the shoes are to die for. Stunning!

しずか♥ (heartofpearl) said...

Hehe, we would be gym freaks if we went together right hahah :3

You're so right! I have and am still enjoying my time off but have been feeling guilty that I'm not doing anything. Actually now that I have a lot more spare time, I am online a lot and I find more things I want to buy when surfing the net T_T and then I feel more of a need to start earning money haha. I need the shopping funds! x

Ali said...

Thanks for replying X]
Also, how many calories would you say you consume daily from your diet?

hkchan said...

Those shoes are SO glam! gorgeous!!

hwalkeechan.blogspot.com

Coco Lee said...

i'm so sorry to hear about your breakup Jean :(
but i'm sure there's much better things for you to do now that you'r single! :)
i'm so happy to see that you're taking care of yourself & wanting to be fitter!
i find your post very inspiring! :D

awwww and congrats on your two new splurges!
i would DIE for a pair of CL but i have one of the world's weirdest walks (sad)
so my shoes would all wear out after a month or so :( so no-no hi-end shoes for me!
and the LV! i first thought too that i'll never EVER buy it but now... i really want it!
so i'm saving up :)


update more please!
xx
- Coco

Jenna Wu said...

I love the goals you've set for yourself and congrats on following through! I need to work on that...haha! May I ask why caffeine is bad though? I don't drink coffee, but I love tea too much to stop!

Isha Borromeo said...

..,YOU ARE SO CLASSY AND SOPHISTICATED
I SO LOVE YOUR BLOG! (^_^)
THAT'S WHY I FOLLOW YOU :))
IF YOU HAVE TIME PLS CHECK MINE:
http://purpleheiress.blogspot.com/

Dylanainwonderland said...

Your blog is so wonderful!


xoxo,

colormenana.blogspot.com

Gabaldrina1685 said...

Hi!! :)
I really like your blog, I follow you :D
... maybe if you have time, you could visit my blog too, and if you like it, follow me back ;)
Kisses!
http://modacapitalblog.com

lissy945 said...

those louboutins are gorgeous! have to say that im not much of a high-heeler either

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs