11.05.2011

Burberry Beauty - Haul & Swatches

Hello my lovelies! :)

A few days ago, I was talking about Burberry makeup line with Valerie (Ponikuta), how Melbourne has them and not Sydney. She said I should check David Jones out because she's sure that they're already been released in Sydney! So I went to DJ Bondi... and saw the Burberry counter! I was sooo excited! No wonder I couldn't find it in the city! There's only 1 counter in NSW.. only in Bondi!

So I got some stuff from them: the powder foundation, lipstick, and a lipliner.



Burberry Luminous Compact Foundation in Trench no.05



Review: I wanted a compact foundation to replace my Jill Stuart - I use compact foundation mainly in summer and usually ditch my BB Cream because it's too sticky. This compact looks very luxurious - doesn't have that cheap plastic feel - comes with a nice burberry embossed velvet pouch. The packaging gets 5/5 rating from me - I won't lie, that's mostly why I bought these products. When you open the compact, the bottom part will pop up and you can see the sponge! :) The powder is deeply embossed with the Burberry check pattern - and the best thing is you can wear it dry or wet. For dry usage , I just use a kabuki brush for more natural coverage and for full coverage I can just use a sponge. It's very buildable. For wet usage, I just wet my stippling brush for maximum coverage. I must say, the oil control is not that great - but I use a setting transparent powder after foundation anyway so it's alright. The colour is a perfect match - they have 9 shades so you're bound to find your perfect shade! :) It has quite a strong smell... but I don't mind.. like flowery..? So overall - I will repurchase. Even though its on the expensive side (AUD89) the packaging is really, really pretty and you know I'm a sucker for the packaging!



Burberry Lip Cover in Antique Rose No.11



Review: Again, the packaging is super luxe. Loving the magnetic cover, the lipstick itself also beautifully embossed with the Burberry check pattern. The colour is similar to my lips - pinkish beige colour. So when I applied it looks natural - but better. The lipstick is creamy - but not too creamy like YSL Rouge Volupte , and it's an everyday lipstick. It is moisturising - but then it's not really long lasting. But still! I'm happy with this purchase.

Burberry Lip Definer in Rosewood No.07



Review: Okay, I don't really wear lip pencils - except when I wear red lipsticks. I bought this because she put it on my lips and I love it. It just defines my lips and looks really natural! It's creamy and it's not a necessity - but nevertheless I'm happy with this purchase. It just makes the shape your lips look better :)

Here are the swatches of the lipstick and the lip pencil:



Overall - I'm happy with Burberry Beauty. Will purchase more! Especially the eye shadows which I didn't get - the colours look beautiful (and again) LOVE the packaging. Worth checking out.

Here is an FOTD with the lipstick, lipliner, and the compact foundation.

You can barely see the lipcolour, but in real life you can tell that you have lipstick on! :)





Thanks guys for reading and post comments below , what do you think of Burberry's products? I want to know!

Before I go away, It's almost summer here in Australia - and here is just a snapshot of the view from my apartment :)



You can see a bit of the beach! :)


Hehe see you guys soon!
Much love,

Jean xoxo




33 comments♡:

catherine_xxoo said...

im so glad you did a burberry review! i am thinking of purchasing the liquid foundation, totally didn't know the only counter was at bondi! :O

would the powder compact be suited to those with dry skin?

loving your blog!

http://amourtypos.blogspot.com

♥pandablush♥ said...

No worries babe :) Hehe please buy it and tell me how is it okay? x I have combination skin - oily and dry on some places. I think this foundation is not too drying/powdery and remember you can wet it too.

take care!

Speedypapillon30 said...

The lippy color is gorgeous, serious lemming! Does it have any fragrance though? Love your blog btw, and you are so pretty!

♥pandablush♥ said...

thanks hun x yes it does have a wee bit of fragrance but it's okay - not anything unbearable :)
Thank you so much! Glad you like it :)))

Fenny (Ladies-homejournal) said...

I love the photo of the view. So beautiful. Btw the make up looks nice on you :)

♥pandablush♥ said...

Thank you so much x

Blue_spider20 said...

ooooh i love your nails! what colour is it?

♥pandablush♥ said...

Thanks! They're my favourite neutral polish - you can see here in this post http://www.pandablush.com/2010/05/back.html It's OPI - Tickle my franc-y

Valerie said...

Good God, they are amazing products aren't they? I am a sucker for all things pretty packaging as well. *cue Jill Stuart, Paul & Joe, <3) I've only tried the liquid foundation so far, might need to check out the compact foundation from Burberry. I promise Tom Ford won't be a disappointment, mark your calender it's out 13th November! xx

Cendana K said...

Looks so flawless and omg the packaging... I die... This compact foundation sounds so heavenly though I don't know if it'll ever be launched here in Brisbane. Btw, love love Tickle-My-Francey on your nails! And that is a really nice viewwww and the photo looks so vintagey hehehe - x^_^o

♥pandablush♥ said...

They are! :) Yep I just want to put all makeup with pretty packaging into my go to makeup pouch LOL... It's a joy to reapply hahaha. How's the liquid foundation! I need a darker colour... :( Yay! Thanks val x going to check out the tom ford beauty line definitely!

♥pandablush♥ said...

Yes! But I must admit I love Jill Stuart compact foundation more because it's soooo smooth.. But maybe i'm not used to it yet? :) It's not in brissy yet? That sucks :( You can get it online right? :) Thanks cendana it's my fav neutral OPI polish x Hhehehe yes I edited the photo in Photoshop (main curang) HAHAHA :)

しずか♥ (heartofpearl) said...

Wow lovely haul Jeanice <3 I might just have to pop into the stores in Melb :D We have two, one in the city and one in Chadstone! When the packaging is pretty, I'm sure most of us are sold haha. When I saw Jill Stuart products at the airport I didn't know what to do! I wanted it all for the packaging but way too $$ haha! The fotd looks great! Your skin is stunning xx

Tina Henry said...

Your skin looks so flawless and glowy! And great haul - the packaging is soooooo drool worthy!!!

♥pandablush♥ said...

Hehe thank you shizu x i agree the product is not THAT awesome but still! The packaging! LOL :) Yeah I really want Jill Stuart perfume but does it smell good xD Thanks! NAHH its a sunlight camera trick LOL! :) Recently i've been breaking out because of the change of season and my fringe :(((

♥pandablush♥ said...

Thanks! Haha it's a camera trick - stand outside with sunlight facing directly to your face (the best lighting) hahahaha :) yep I'm sold too~

mey ♔ めい said...

beautiful ♥ :)

Kimb said...

Packings are so pretty! Too bad I can't afford them :( I saw this necklace on lockerz.com! Pretty :)

Vale said...

I wanna buy something Burberry beauty soon ! I love your blog and I am a new follower on google friend connect =) you're so beautiful !!! You're invited to enter my Chanel & Too Faced Giveaway !

Follow Fashion and Cookies

Ayah said...

omg.. that burberry lipstick has the best packaging ever. the lipstick itself has some really pretty engravings. The view from your apartment is really pretty.


http://lilpink.info

Jen W said...

Looks gorgeous! I haven't tried Burberry cosmetics before, but my friend is picking up a tube of Burberry Lip Mist for me from Nordstroms.

Great view!

Mia said...

Beautiful Blog Miss, have an amazing day & feel free to pop past my blog =)

-Mia xoxo
http://naturezfinest.blogspot.com/

Kiwi said...

Wow that lipstick is so cool.
Love the color of it and the burberry print on it.

♥pandablush♥ said...

Thank you x

♥pandablush♥ said...

Thank you :) Yes unfortunately they're on the expensive side :(

♥pandablush♥ said...

Thank you! Glad you like it x

♥pandablush♥ said...

Yes I know! They're so gorgeous x

♥pandablush♥ said...

Yes this is my first time as well! :) Please tell me how is it later!

♥pandablush♥ said...

That what made me buy it hehe~

bangbangsheshoots said...

you look gorgeous here! the accessories you're wearing is so chic!

modeling women said...

You're a sweetheart. I do love asian women.

Jackieenguyenn said...

what nail color are you wearing there? the picture where you're holding the lip pencil! O: please and thank you! :)

Jean said...

i just used up their sample sachet of the liquid foundation in no.5 and i LOVE IT!
it doesn't really oxidise on me like Chanel - which I was very sad about :((

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs